Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Job ID: 1799/41
Rate/Salary: To Be Confirmed Upon Application – Plus Overtime and Great Benefits
Type: Permanent / Full Time
HSB Technical Ltd is a specialist recruiter within the Power & Propulsion, Shipbuilding, Shipping & Energy and Aerospace sectors. We have a number of permanent and contract vacancies for multiple businesses across the UK and overseas.
The below job description will outline this position of: Mechanical Design Engineer
Typically, working in this position of Mechanical Design Engineer you will play a pivotal role in helping deliver the clients mission and achieve the strategic goals by completing design and project requirements to ensure they are achieved and delivered. This person will be producing engineering designs and associated engineering documents such as drawings, calculations and reports. You will plan and schedule design time lines using appropriate tools to ensure on time and on budget delivery.
HSB Technical’s client is a very established and well-regarded business entity.
Duties and responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
* To produce engineering designs and associated engineering documents such as drawings, calculations and reports.
* To issue engineering documents as required.
* To progress small and medium sized engineering projects, as allocated or working as part of a team on larger projects.
* Project work, in addition to design, will include all aspects of the design process such as drafting and testing of products, as well as other organisational tasks appropriate
* Identify resources required for the design and project build and assist sales with technical input to facilitate accurate quotations and detailed design specifications.
* Keep accurate drawings and records of your designs.
* Work in line with national and international standards associated with designs.
* Prepare design, commercial and safety risk and method statements with all relevant paperwork
Qualifications and requirement for the Mechanical Design Engineer:
* Requires experience using SolidWorks and CAD / Autocad.
* Experience of machine design packages, rotating equipment, acoustic enclosures and piping systems would be preferred.
* Excellent IT and CAD knowledge
* Must have appropriate Mechanical Design Engineering experience, ideally Minimum ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering
This vacancy is being advertised by HSB Technical who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role