Position: Field Service Engineer (National)
Job ID: 1687/17
Location: Home Based
Rate/Salary: £32,000 – £36,000 Plus Overtime & Benefits
Type: Permanent / Full Time
HSB Technical Ltd is a specialist recruiter within the Power & Propulsion, Shipbuilding, Shipping & Energy and Aerospace sectors. We have a number of permanent and contract vacancies for multiple businesses across the UK and overseas.
The below job description will outline this position of: Field Service Engineer
Typically, this person will work from home travelling to sites and vessels across the UK to either service, maintain, repair or overhaul diesel powered generators based in a data centre, to a main engine on a vessel alongside. You will act as the client representative when on site, working on engines and leading the work on engines, full report writing, spares requests and excellent communication required.
HSB Technical’s client is a very established and well-regarded business entity.
Duties and responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer:
* Ability to travel across the UK to attend breakdowns or regular service calls working on diesel generators and main engines
* Ability to service, maintain, repair and overhaul these engines
* Confident when speaking to on site engineers to chief engineers on vessels
* Clear and precise report writing
* Ability to be away for a few weeks at a time
Qualifications and requirement for the Field Service Engineer:
* UK Driving licence
This vacancy is being advertised by HSB Technical who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role