Position: Field Service Engineer (Marine)
Job ID: 1687/18
Location: UK Home based
Rate/Salary: £36,000 plus generous overtime and company benefits
HSB Technical Ltd is a specialist recruiter within the Power & Propulsion, Shipbuilding, Shipping & Energy and Aerospace sectors. We have a number of permanent and contract vacancies for multiple businesses across the UK and overseas.
The below job description will outline this position of Field Service Engineer
Typically, this person will be dismantling, cleaning, inspecting, repairing, assembling and testing diesel engines spares and assemblies. This person will be able to lead projects on client’s sites as required (Sites could be a ship, an oil rig, the BBC or at the companies head office in the workshop). Will have to have hands-on approach to other mechanical engineering projects.
HSB Technical’s client is a very established and well-regarded business entity.
Duties and responsibilities of a field service engineer
* You will: Dismantle engine assemblies and other equipment including clutches, steering legs and compressors. Rebuild equipment including engines, turbo chargers, fuel pumps and other ancillary equipment.
* Complete precise reports and documentation on all work done.
* Work within the Workshop as and when required.
* Communicate constructively with clients and engineers
* Ability to notify direct management on any further works that need to be completed
Qualifications and requirements:
* Driving Licence
* Ability to exit and enter the UK freely
* Medium and Highspeed Engine Experience
* HSE aware
This vacancy is being advertised by HSB Technical who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role