Position: Internal Boat builder
Job ID: 187/134
Location: Wroxham, Norfolk- NR12
Rate/Salary: £23k- £30k + Overtime and flexi-time
HSB Technical Ltd is a specialist recruiter within the Power & Propulsion, Shipbuilding, Shipping & Energy and Aerospace sectors. We have a number of permanent and contract vacancies for multiple businesses across the UK and overseas.
The below job description will outline this position of: Internal Boat Builder.
The Boat Builder will report to the Boat Builder Manager, who is based at our client's Wroxham Site and will be responsible for making and fitting various components across our range of boats, working to precise measurements and details.
HSB Technical’s client is a very established and well-regarded business.
Day to day duties and responsibilities of the Boat builder:
• Fitting ply bulkheads
• Manufacturing and installing cabin sole bearers
• Basic upholstery work on overhead panels
• Building and fitting a variety of boat furniture
• Building and installing sole boards
• Making and hanging cabin doors
• Levelling boats
Qualifications and requirements requested for the Boat builder:
• NVQ level 2/3 in Boat building/ Carpentry/Joiner or apprentice trained or equivalent qualifications
• Previous experience in the marine industry working with timber/GRP boats is desirable
• Competent manufacturing knowledge
• Reading and understanding technical drawings
• Skilled use of hand and power tools
This vacancy is being advertised by HSB Technical Ltd who are governed by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role