Position: Quality Inspector
Job ID: 187/140
Location: Wroxham, Norwich
Rate/Salary: £17 p/hour
Hours: 40 hours + Overtime available
HSB Technical Ltd is a specialist recruiter within the Power & Propulsion, Shipbuilding, Shipping & Energy and Aerospace sectors. We have a number of permanent and contract vacancies for multiple businesses across the UK and overseas.
The below job description will outline this position of: Quality Inspector
Typically, this person will be responsible for quality checks on luxury blue-water sailing boats as well has a handful of other responsibilities.
HSB Technical’s client is a very established and well-regarded business entity.
Duties and responsibilities of the Quality Inspector:
• Carry out build quality checks to ensure standards are met and processes are being adhered to.
• Implementing quality improvements to help drive down the cost of poor-quality issues
• Logging of quality issues on the Company snag system (SNAPP), reviewing with the Team Leader / Yacht coordinators and following through to completion and sign off
• Producing final ‘as-built’ photo records of completed yachts.
• Ensure applicable build quality documentation is completed correctly and in a timely manner
• Conduct audits against the issued work instructions, processes, and procedures.
• Produce reports and records of any defects captured during the build process to ensure they are contained, and measures are put in place and adhered to, to prevent re-occurrence
• Travel to contractors and suppliers’ facilities to inspect and sign-off items prior to shipment to Oyster.
Qualifications and requirement for the Quality Inspector:
• To have worked at a senior level such as Supervisor/Team Leader.
• Marine Background and extensive knowledge of yacht builds and defect identification.
• Able to interpret drawings, engineering instructions, and technical specifications.
• Competent using MS Office products, primarily Word, Excel and Teams.
This vacancy is being advertised by HSB Technical who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role