Position: Field Service Engineer – On Site Machining
Job ID: 2190/37
Location: Home Based
Type: Full Time / Permanent
Benefits: Plus lots of great benefits with this
HSB Technical Ltd is a specialist recruiter within the Power & Propulsion, Shipbuilding, Shipping & Energy and Aerospace sectors. We have a number of permanent and contract vacancies for multiple businesses across the UK and overseas.
The below job description will outline this position: Field Service Engineer
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer for one of our maritime clients.
Typically, this person will provide in-situ mechanical and machining repairs, inspections, troubleshooting and fault diagnosis for a variety of rotating and static componentry within the wind turbine Nacelle (Up-Tower).
This is including but not limited to; Gearbox and generator shaft repairs, gearbox inspections and repairs, yaw-ring grinding and polishing, brake system overhauls, mechanical & hydraulic equipment inspection and repairs, stud/bolt removal, develop repair processes and tooling, provide detailed reports on work done, work in the Field and within the PS Workshop as/when required to an excellent standard.
HSB Technical’s client is a very established and well-regarded business entity.
Duties and responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer:
* You will provide in-situ and workshop mechanical and machining repairs ensuring operations and maintenance activities are undertaken to the highest levels you will ideally hold a AT/AE qualification under Wind Turbine Safety Rules (WTSR)
* Experienced with the operation and usage of portable shaft grinding equipment, turning/milling/grinding equipment and workshop processes and procedures
* Product Inspections
* Overhaul of onsite items
* Ability to carry out and develop maintenance plans
* Identify spare parts required for maintenance activities
Qualifications and requirements:
* Driving licence
* Willing to travel to various/remote locations with overnight stays as required
This vacancy is being advertised by HSB Technical who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role