Position: Marine Engineer
Job ID: 2094/14
HSB Technical Ltd is a specialist recruiter within the Power & Propulsion, Shipbuilding, Shipping & Energy and Aerospace sectors. We have a number of permanent and contract vacancies for multiple businesses across the UK and overseas.
The below job description will outline this position of: Marine Engineer
We are looking for a Marine Engineer for one of our maritime clients.
Typically, this person will be working within an heavy engineering industry and will include working on different marine vessels.
HSB Technical’s client is a very established and well-regarded business entity.
Duties and responsibilities of the Marine Engineer:
• Confident in working on marine engines & Propulsion systems.
• Someone who has worked on a wide variety of vessels from 400 tonn to ribs.
• All work need to be to the highest standards.
• Able to in test and commission installations, ensuring equipment is operational and satisfactory to all requirements.
• To install mechanical and hydraulic systems.
• Able to read and understand technical drawings.
Qualifications and requirement for the Marine Engineer:
• Must have a minimum of NVQ level 3 within the boatbuilding industry or similar.
• Ensuring H&S compliance
• Effectively manage overtime and ensure standards are met in line with regular working hours.
• Must be able to pass MOD Security clearance checks.
• Able to write technical reports
• Must have a full driving licence
• Knowledge of Electrical Installations would be an advantage
This vacancy is being advertised by HSB Technical who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role